Tuesday 22 January 2013

Mäurer & Wirtz's 4711 Eau de Cologne review

4711 is a traditional German Eau de Cologne by Mäurer & Wirtz dating from 1799. This is the original aromatic cologne which inspired Acqua di Parma, Roger et Gallet's Jean Marina Farina and, more recently, Tom Ford's Portofino.




"The precious ingredients are carefully harmonised. Bergamot, lemon, and orange provide a uniquely revitalising effect. Lavender and rosemary have a calming and relaxing effect, strengthening the nerves. Neroli, extracted from the blossom of the bitter orange, has a calming effect in the base note, creating a positive mood."

The only way I could love the original 4711 cologne any more is if it lasted more than twenty minutes on my skin. It’s inexpensive sure, this 50ml bottle cost me about £5, but having to reapply throughout the day means you get through a bottle quickly. I splash it on my hair and around the neck of my t-shirt to help the fragrance last. I used to only wear this in the summer, but this year I’ve been using it in the cooler weather too and it’s equally as gorgeous. Always have this EDC on hand, recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment