Wednesday 20 February 2013

Origins Checks and Balances Frothy face wash review

Origins Checks and Balances Frothy face wash – this little 30ml travel size tube was a gift with purchase sample I'd received last year which frankly I wasn’t keen to try and I’d put off using for a few months. I'm not a fan of foaming cleanser as they tend to strip my skin and leave it dry.

I kept reading positive reviews so eventually I put it in the shower to make sure that I’d at least try it and it turns out that I really like this. I'd been looking for a cleanser which I could use during my shower and just rinse off with water as I’m not in the mood for faffing around with face cloths first thing in the morning. 



"When it comes to faces with dry and oily places, it takes a clever cleanser to balance the two. This Origins gentle, frothy face wash carefully does both jobs without cancelling each other out. It helps to seek out oil, soaks it up then keeps it well in-check, while it balances and protects dry prone zones. And Broadleaf Kelp breaks down dirt, disperses excess oil and sends dullness down the drain. Skin feels comfortably refreshed after cleansing, never tight, pulled or parched."

Although it’s intended for people with combination skin, it’s fine with my dry skin and doesn’t leave any tight feeling afterwards. Already repurchased as I’ve bought the full size. This 30ml sample has a screw cap, but the £8 50ml and the £18 150ml both have flip lids. The ingredients aren't listed on the back of the sample tube so I've photographed the back of the 150m full size tube. 

Here are the ingredients:

Aqua, Lavandula augustifolia flower water, Potassium myristate, Glycerin, Potassium behenate, Sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, Potassium palmitate, Potassium laurate, Potassium stearate, Anthemis nobilis flower oil, Mentha viridis, Lavandula hybrida oil, Citrus aurantium bergamia flower oil, Styrax benzoin gum, Linalool, Peg-3 distearate, Tourmaline polyquaternium-7, Butylene glycol, Disodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.



No comments:

Post a Comment