Saturday 9 March 2013

i Coloniali Refreshing Shower Gel of Japanese Yuzu review

i Coloniali Refreshing Shower Gel of Japanese Yuzu – Oh, i Coloniali, you put me in such a quandary. On the one hand, you have some of the most indulgent and exotically fragranced products I’ve ever used, on the other hand, you put glycols, parabens and sometimes a dash of mineral oil in your products and that puts me right off. My favourite products from i Coloniali are the solid soap bars and the mango soft shaving soap. 

This 150ml shower gel was a gift with purchase from Marks & Spencer when I bought some of the soap and I’d ignored it because of the ingredients, but thought I’d use it up this month just to be done with it - by the end of the year I aim to be using more natural products. It has the usual intoxicating i Coloniali fragrance that you’ll recognise immediately if you’ve ever tried anything from their body line, but with an extra kick of menthol to give you a morning jolt in the shower. 

Overall, I ignored the ingredients list and ended up enjoying using this and have to admit that I didn’t totally dry out with the SLES. I wouldn’t purchase again unless it was reformulated, but that signature i Coloniali scent keeps pulling me back. I wish they bottled it and sold it as an EDT, I’d wear nothing else.



Here are the ingredients:

Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Parfum, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Sodium PEG-7 Olive Oil Carboxylate, Citric Acid, Limonene, Methylparaben, Sodium Salicylate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Menthol, Benzyl Salicylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citrus Junos Peel Oil, Menthyl Lactate, Sodium Hydroxide, BHT, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PPG-26-Butheth-26.

Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment