Wednesday 27 March 2013

La Roche-Posay Serozinc toner review


La Roche-Posay Serozinc – I first read about this on Caroline Hirons’ blog and didn’t pay any attention to it at first as it was described about being a toner for oily or spotty skin which I don’t have. I’m dry as a husk so generally avoid anything like this. However, months later, I was browsing the La Roche-Posay french website just having a general look at the lists of ingredients for their products. When I clicked on Serozinc I noticed that it’s also marketed as being suitable for inflamed skin or to calm down razor burn. Now, I get razor burn all the time, no matter how careful I am. I’m lucky in that my beard is quite fair so I don’t have to shave every day but when I do, I often suffer afterwards and usually shave in the evenings to give my beard area enough time to calm down by the next day.

This product isn’t available her in the UK for now, so I ordered it from France through LeGuideSante as that was the cheapest at the time (I added some sulphate free Caudalie shower gels and masks to the order to make the delivery charge more worthwhile). I’ve been using this as an aftershave product, straight after shaving and rinsing off my cream or soap and it’s working well. There has been little or no razor burn, the mist has an immediate cooling and calming effect. This is a definite repurchase and I’d recommend to anyone who suffers with razor burn to try this product at least  once.

There are just three ingredients:
Water, Sodium Chloride and Zinc Sulfate.





No comments:

Post a Comment